Masterful Main Dishes
Turkey Meatloaf with Dried Cherry Glaze
- 2 lb. ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup celery, finely minced
- 1 cup carrots, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup Stoneridge Orchards Montmorency dried cherries
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350íŽ
- For Meatloaf:
- Mix turkey, eggs, breadcrumbs, minced vegetables, 1 Tbsp ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper in large mixing bowl by hand until well incorporated.
- Divide mixture between 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes. While loaves are in the oven, make the glaze.
- For Glaze:
- Place cherries, vinegar and water in a small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes to allow the cherries to plump.
- Pulse cherry mixture and remaining glaze ingredients in food processor until a smooth sauce is formed.
- To Finish:
- After 30 minutes remove meat loaves from oven and invert onto a sheet pan.
- Pour the glaze over the loaves and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
- Tip: Once fully cool, you can wrap and freeze the second loaf for later!