Turkey Chili With Spices and Dried Cherries
Chili with turkey, beans, onions, Stoneridge Orchards dried cherries, cheddar and spices.Serves 4
1 tablespoon olive oil,
1 teaspoon ground cumin,
1 teaspoon chili powder,
1 medium onion chopped,
1 jalapeño, seeded, finely chopped,
1 pound ground turkey meat,
1 teaspoon salt,
1 teaspoon ground black pepper,
1 32 oz. can chopped tomatoes,
1 cup water,
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce,
3 15 oz. cans beans, drained and rinsed,
1/2 cup Stoneridge Orchards Montmorency dried cherries, chopped,
Grated cheddar, chopped cilantro, and toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
1. Over a medium flame, heat the oil in a large pan, add onion, jalapeño and spices.
2. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
3. Add meat, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, water, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the beans and cherries. Cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add cracked red pepper to taste if you like things spicier.
7. Remove from heat and serve topped with garnishes.