Breads and Desserts
Seeded Cherry Bread
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts or almonds
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 4 Tbsp psyllium husks OR 3 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- In a loaf pan combine all dry ingredients, stirring well.
- Whisk maple syrup, oil and water together in measuring cup.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix until dough is thick.
- (Add 1 or 2 tsp of water if the dough is too thick to stir, though!)
- Stir in dried cherries.
- Smooth the top of the loaf with the back of a spoon.
- Let sit on the counter at least 2 hours to overnight.
- (Dough will retain its shape when ready)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place loaf pan in the oven on middle rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove bread from loaf pan, place upside down directly on rack and bake another 30-40 minutes.
- Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Store bread in a sightly sealed container up to five days.
- Freezes well - slice before freezing for quick and easy toast!