Cheese Platter with crackers, honey, dried fruit and figs
The perfect cheese platter with a variety of cheeses, crackers, almonds, honey, seasonal fruit and dried cherries.
Variety of cheese: Either one aged, one soft, one firm and one blue cheese. Or, try a mix of types such as a goat cheese, cow cheese and sheep cheese,
Variety of crackers all shapes and sizes. Baguettes, crackers and breadsticks all make a good mix,
Cured meats such as proscuitto, or salami,
Mixed nuts such as marcona almonds and pistachios,
Preserves, honey, chutney, quince or mustard,
Seasonal and dried fruits such as Stoneridge Orchards dried cherries, Stoneridge Orchards dried blueberries, figs, apples and pears
1. There is an art to creating the optimum cheese plate. The optimum plate includes a variety of shapes and sizes and a mix of flavors and textures.
2. Start with your cheeses. Go with a variety of textures and flavors such as one aged, one soft, one firm and one blue cheese. Or, for variety of flavors go with one goat cheese, one sheep cheese and one cow cheese. This cheese plate includes a soft goat cheese, with an aged firm cow cheese, and a sheep cheese.
3. Assort the cheese plate with a mix of salty, crunchy and sweet.
4. For the crunch and salt you might add a few different types of crackers, baguettes and breadsticks as well as almonds or cured meats.
5. For the sweet you might add one to four different ingredients such as one honey, figs and dried cherries. Or one preserve, sliced apples, and dried cherries.
6. When you are assorting the ingredients on the plate you always want to avoid crowding the cheese plate.