Breads and Desserts
Muesli Dinner Rolls
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 1 pkg fast-acting yeast
- 1/2 cup Stoneridge Orchards dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup Stoneridge Orchards dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Combine warm water, yeast, salt and flours in a stand mixer; beat at medium speed for about a minute. Mixture will be sticky.
- Lightly grease a bowl with nonstick spray or olive oil; transfer dough to greased bowl, cover, and let rise in refrigerator for two hours.
- Knead in pumpkin seeds, almonds and dried fruit until just combined.
- Squeeze off balls of dough and place in a greased muffin tin. Sift a light coating of flour over the top and let rest on counter for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°F. Place a pan with 2 cups of water on the lower rack of the oven. This will create steam to keep the rolls moist.
- Place muffin tin on top rack of oven. Bake 25-305 minutes, or until deep, golden brown.
- Remove rolls from oven and cool on a rack.