Duck Salad with Blueberries & Walnut Vinaigrette
- 3 whole duck breasts
- 2 fresh ripe Anjou pears
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 stalks of celery
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ���� cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1- 4 oz bag of Stoneridge Orchards Blueberries
- ½ cup walnut oil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 to 6 cups fresh greens of your choice
- Score fat cap of Duck breast, season with salt and pepper, grill the duck breasts, fat side down until they are cooked through, let breasts rest for at least 5-10 minutes, slice the breasts at an angle and place on top of the salad.
- Wash the vegetables.
- Chop peppers, and celery and mix with salad greens.
- Dressing/Vinaigrette Reconstitute dried blueberries in warm water until plump, add dijon, vinegar, salt and pepper and whisk oil in until vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Add the walnuts, almonds, dried blueberries, and duck.
- Toss to mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour over the salad and toss.
- Serves 4 to 6