Masterful Main Dishes
Dried Cherry Relish over Pork Tenderloin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced sweet white onion
- 1 tbsp minced fresh jalapeno
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 3 lb. pork tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- Sauté onion and jalapeño in oil for 3 minutes until soft. Add dried spices and stir until they lose their dusty quality.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Continue cooking for 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. In a large oven proof skillet cook the tenderloin over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning every few minutes until the outside is browned. Place skillet in oven and continue to cook for 7 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, let rest, slice and top with cherry relish.