Breads and Desserts
Cherry Pecan Breakfast Cake
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Extra butter and flour for pan
- Extra cherries and pecans for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- While the oven is heating, soak cherries in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Lightly butter and flour a Bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In a stand mixer beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until very light and fluffy (about 7 minutes)
- Scrape bowl down and beat one minute more.
- Add vanilla extract, then add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add yogurt and mix to combine.
- With mixer on low, add salt and flour, gradually, beating well to combine
- Drain the cherries and add to mixture along with pecans. Mix 30 seconds to incorporate.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack 1 hour, then remove and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine powdered sugar, water and lemon juice to make glaze.
- When cake is completely cool, pour glaze over and sprinkle with extra pecans and dried cherries.