Chocolate Cherry Bread Pudding
A comforting dessert that feels like luxury studded with cherries and chocolate.Serves 4
2 cups milk,
1/4 cup butter,
2 eggs slightly beaten,
1/2 cup sugar,
1 teaspoon cinnamon,
1/4 teaspoon salt,
6 cups dry bread cubes (approximately 8 slices of bread),
1/2 cup chocolate chunks,
1/2 cup of Stoneridge Orchards Montmorency Cherries.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat milk and butter until melted and scalded. Let cool slightly.
3. Mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Stir in bread and chocolate and dried cherries. Fold in milk mixture, pour into a greased or non stick sprayed loaf pan.
5. Submerge loaf pan in one inch deep of hot water in a 9 x 12íŽíŽ pan creating a water bath.
6. Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes until an inserted knife comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or yogurt mixed with honey.