Asian Slaw with Chicken, Cherries and Ginger Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 /2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound skinned, boned chicken breast
- 4 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 /4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 16-ounce bag or 3 color coleslaw mix (green cabbage, carrots, and red cabbage)
- 3 ounces snow pea pods, cut in diagonal strips
- 1 /2 cup diced red onion
- 2 cups Stoneridge Orchards dried montmorency cherries 1
- Tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the first three ingredients.
- Rub over both sides of chicken.
- Spray a medium, non-stick frying pan with cooking spray and cook chicken over medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes per side, or until juices run clear.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- When cool, shred with two forks.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, mustard, cayenne, ginger, oils, soy sauce, and salt/pepper.
- Shake vigorously.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the coleslaw mix, pea pods, onion, and cherries.
- Add the shredded chicken and toss again.
- Pour dressing over the top and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.